Friday, July 9, 2010

Freckles

Mid-summer my face is completely freckled. I have been spending so much time outside this summer, and although I don't do well in warm weather I am remembering just how much fun summer can be.
Gardening is my new favorite pastime, and I'm really excited because we just got out first peppers! We also have a really big black raspberry bush that someone planted before we moved here. Delicious! Then, of course there is the lettuce... fresh salads everyday! YUM!

I made scones for the first time today. They turned out really well! I made a BUNCH! I'm gonna bring some to work today so I don't eat them all. It was a great recipe that I got from Jonathan's mom.

I have been reading a lot lately too. This week I got a little behind. But I am almost done with We. Which, by the way, is really interesting. It is a 1984 type novel. Dystopian. I should also mention that it was written before 1984.

Anyway. I haven't had much time for blogging. Well, mostly I just haven't felt like writing.

Work is still frustrating. I need to find another job. At least so that this one is not the only thing on my mind. But I do love having the mornings open for baking and gardening :)

Well, that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment