Friday, December 11, 2009

Random thought...

I commented to a friend recently that I was excited to be done with school so I could really read. That is, I could read what I want. I didn't specify that last part, and just now realized that I have read a TON of books this past semester. I read: Sense and Sensibility, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Dracula, Ziska, Carmilla, Hard Times, To the Lighthouse, Brick Lane, A Lesson Before Dying, Life Is So Good, a Collection of Ghost Stories, and a collection of Sherlock Holmes short stories... I think I may be missing one or two...WOW. That is 10 novels and 2 collections of short stories. And that is not including Poetry... I read everything from Wordsworth to Heaney...(just British ones...)Oh, and all the Philosophical essays... Hume and Plantinga, and oh so many others, and then there is the Anglo-Saxon poetry and prose that I translated, everything from about 300-1000AD. But to be honest, that is really not that much, because the entirety of England was completely illiterate between 400-600...? I think. Better brush up on that. Anyway, I have accomplished a lot this semester, and I cannot believe that it is almost over, and that I made it through!!!!
Take that 18 credits!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how you can step back and look back and really see how much you accomplished? No wonder you were stressed out! But, you've made it! Bravo! XX

    ReplyDelete